ARB Panel Members
Appraisal Review Board Members are appointed by the local administrative judge under Subchapter D, Chapter 74, Government Code, in Hays County. Each member can serve two year terms up to a total of six years. ARB members meet on scheduled days and have one full day of training that is required. ARB members are appointed and sworn in on the first meeting in January.
Some of the duties of the ARB are:
- to determine protests initiated by property owners
- determine challenges initiated by taxing units
- correct clerical errors in the appraisal records and the appraisal rolls
- act on motions to correct appraisal rolls under section 25.25
- determine whether an exemption or a partial exemption is improperly granted or denied and whether land is improperly granted or denied a special-use appraisal
- take any other action or make any other determination that this title specifically authorizes or requires
The board may not review or reject an agreement between a property owner or the owner’s agent and the chief appraiser under section 1.111(e) of the Property Tax Code and Remedies.
|Dianne C Van Cura||Chairman|
|Jeff F Laws||Vice Chair|
|Jim Rowley||Sergeant at Arms|