*click above for more information*
No Contact Protest Hearings
In an effort to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19 the Appraisal Review Board (ARB) is now offering video conference hearings (terms, requirements and agreements apply). Go to https://www.hayscad.com/protest-info/ for more information on how to request a video hearing (must have a valid 2020 protest on file).
Send your email to [email protected], we are making every effort to reply as quickly as we can. We thank you for your patience. Stay safe!
- The district is currently allowing only one party at a time into the lobby in an effort to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19.
- Visitor’s please sign in on the clipboard located on the table by the front door and follow the instructions.
- If you visit our office you must wear a mask and follow other health safety precautions.
- Please monitor yourself and if you are not feeling well do not visit in person, but call the office.
- We encourage you to use online methods to conduct business with us.
- Use Property Search to find information about your property record.
- File a Homestead Exemption application using the Online Forms icon at the top right of our homepage.
- Contact us at [email protected] with questions.
- For your convenience there is a drop box at our front door.
Homestead Designation is not the same as a Homestead Exemption
There is no cost or fee associated with filing a residential homestead exemption application with any appraisal district. You can file online by clicking Online Forms at the top of this page or by accessing an application under the Forms tab and submitting to our office. Please contact us if you have questions about homestead.
Property Taxpayer Remedies
The “Property Taxpayer Remedies” is a publication prepared by the Property Tax Division of the Texas Comptroller’s Office. This public information brochure is intended to provide the taxpayer with an overview of the process for determining ad valorem assessments and outlines remedies available to the public regarding their property tax assessments. This brochure is available in different formats from our office. You can view or download the document online, or have a brochure mailed to you by calling our office at 512-268-2522 and requesting a copy of the “Property Taxpayer Remedies”.
For additional general information on property tax administration you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Property Tax Payments are handled by the Hays County Tax Office
Information on vehicle registrations and property tax payments can be found at the tax office website https://hayscountytax.com/#/ or you can reach their office at (512) 393-5545.
We hope that you find the information on these pages useful and informative. Our office develops and administers property records and provides appraisal roll services to the taxing jurisdictions located in Hays County. Our main goal is to provide professional, respectful and courteous service to the public and our entities while producing an accurate, complete and equitable appraisal roll in a timely manner. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can provide assistance to you.
Click on the button below to view links to Hays CAD’s most requested data, reports and Public Information Requests.Data Downloads
Every effort has been made to offer the most current and correct information possible on these pages. The information included on these pages has been compiled by staff from a variety of sources, and is subject to change without notice. The Hays Central Appraisal District provides this information “as is” without warranty of any kind. This data could include typographical errors or other inaccuracies. The District is not responsible for any errors or omissions.
- VIDEO HEARINGS NOW AVAILABLE
- ATTENTION PROPERTY OWNERS
- NEWS RELEASE-Hays County Home Values Up
- PRESS RELEASE – 2020 RENDITION EXTENSION
- HB 1313 Disable Person Surviving Spouse
- Request for Electronic Communications-Sec 1.086
- Hays Co. Tax Ceiling for Age 65 plus and Disabled Residents
- Property Tax Benefits and Information