All homestead applications must be accompanied by a copy of applicant's drivers license or other information as required by the Texas Property Tax Code. Applicant may also be required to complete an affidavit to qualify for an exemption under certain situations.
For a complete list of forms please visit the Texas State Comptroller’s website.
- Property Tax Protest and Appeal Procedures
- HAYS COUNTY APPRAISAL REVIEW BOARD SEEKS APPLICANTS
- PRESS RELEASE – UPDATED 2021 PROPERTY TAX INFORMATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR TEXAS TAXPAYERS
- HEIR PROPERTY COMMUNITY GUIDE
- BREAKDOWN OF YOUR LOCAL PROPERTY TAXES
- HB 1313 DISABLED PERSON SURVIVING SPOUSE
- REQUEST FOR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS – PROPERTY TAX CODE SEC. 1.086
- HAYS CO. TAX CEILING FOR AGE 65 PLUS & DISABLED RESIDENTS